Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 2011. Day 1

Hey Everyone... family and friends.  I was writing in my journal and realized I've nothing (much) to hide. So I'm writing for all to see.  There will be a more seedy version available, con permiso.  Ask and I'll grant.

Today is September 9, 2011.  Last night I landed in Lima.  On the flight I met a gentleman named Jorge who was born in Lima.  He now lives in Memphis.  On my trip to San Diego years ago I met a man named Jorge.  My airplane friend helped me find my taxi... upon leaving the plane there were at least a hundred drivers holding signs with passenger names.  My driver drove a Toyota Yaris and he was missing a pinky.  He took me on the scenic route.  Gas fumes are everywhere.  All the schoolbuses from your past are here.  $20 for a thirty minute ride to my Hostel in Miraflores, a nice district in Lima.  We are a walk away from the ocean.  The patio of the building smells like urine, but I'm used to it.  There's a dog here and he pees in the courtyard.  Slept well.

Rolls, butter, jelly, instant coffee for breakfast.

Saw a hummingbird today.  Never seen one like it.  Almost all red, and quite large



Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me ft. David Guetta [Official Music ...
Play this link... that's what's playing.  Katy Perry was just on.

Soft sun, blue skies, temps in the high 50s.

Paul, a british gentle soul from Manchester, is on his phone swinging in the hammock.  A couple from somewhere fair (Sweden) just arrived.



The most fascinating part of the trip so far is the food.  Potatoes, big corn, big carrots.  Pictures to come.  Estudio espanol.  The grocery store has mucho yogurt.



For lunch: turkey sandwich with whole grain bread (always being baked fresh), apple, giant carrot, Green Kola product.  Grocery store is for the real Gourmande.. all fresh at reasonable prices.  Loaf of fresh whole grain bread is $1.75.

Lots of construction here.  dilapidated concrete structures are side by side with new construction.  Build as you can... make it work.  240V, 50hz at the outlets.  Going to get involved. Will post photos.  Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment